City of Tonawanda
Department of Public Works
Superintendent Joseph Warthling
150 Fillmore Ave., Tonawanda, NY 14150
Phone: 695-1376 Fax: 692-6747
The Department of Public Works will provide a safe, clean, and efficient operation that maintains streets, sidewalks, and sewers within the city’s right-of-way; provides a refuse and recycling operation; reacts to resident’s inquiries; and responds to all weather-related conditions.
WEEKLY GARBAGE COLLECTION
GARBAGE - Click here for recent Garbage Collection Flyer
HOLIDAY SCHEDULE - Garbage will not be collected on any of the following holidays:
New Years Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day
Garbage pickup will be delayed one day for the remainder of the week following the holiday.
RECYCLING – Click here for current Recycling Flyers Click here for 2016 Recycling Tote pickup calendar.
Your recycling tote will be picked up every other week in accordance with your "Blue" or "Red" designation for your neighborhood. Please click above to see the calendar of your pick up weeks. If you do not know if you are Blue or Red, call the Public Works office 716-695-1376.
- Plastic bags are not recyclable
- Only recycle food containers [plates, cups, window glass, toys, aluminum, plastic wrap, pots and pans, oil containers, etc. are not recyclable]
RECYCLING and garbage totes
Totes can be ordered at Tonawanda City Hall (8:30AM-4:30PM M-F) or at Public Works Garage (7AM-3PM M-F). The cost is $50.00 per tote. Your tote will be delivered to your home following your next garbage collection.
TIRES - Residents Only
- Tires are not collected at curbside
- Drop off at DPW – 150 Fillmore Ave. Monday - Friday 7AM-3PM
- Auto tire without rim $1.00 fee
- Auto tire with rim or Truck tires $5.00 fee
- Not collected by the City
- Take to place of purchase or call 858-6370 Hazardous Waste Information
- The City does not accept hazardous waste products [oil paints & thinners, car batteries, pesticides, motor oil, antifreeze, etc.]
- Contact 858-6370 for further info – Erie County Hazardous Waste
Erie County Computer RECYCLING DAYS
- Items acceptable for recycling and/or disposal CPUs [Hard Drive], CRTs or Monitors, Keyboards, Mouse, Printers
*Note: Participants will be required to verify that computers are generated by households. No commercial or industrial waste.