CITY OF TONAWANDA, NEW YORK
DEPARTMENT OF ENGINEERING
OFFICE OF THE CITY ENGINEER 200 NIAGARA STREET TELEPHONE
JOEL A. MERRILL, P.E. TONAWANDA, NEW YORK 14150 (716-695-8624)
PERMIT TO EXCAVATE OR OPEN CUT ON CITY PROPERTY PERMIT NO. _________
Application is hereby made by: To work on city property at:
Company Name: _______________________ Address: ____________________________________
Agent Name: _________________________ Between:_____________________ and ____________
Address: ______________________________ Excavation width: ___________ft., length: _______ft.
Telephone: ____________________________ Type of Work:(sewer, water, other):____________
Contractor's or Plumber's License # _____
Start Date: ________ Completion Date: _________
THE PERMITTEE IS ADVISED TO CHECK FOR UNDERGROUND UTILITIES BEFORE PERFORMING WORK UNDER THIS PERMIT.
ALL UTILITY LOCATIONS GIVEN BY THE CITY OF TONAWANDA ARE APPROXIMATE. IT IS THE PERMITTEE'S RESPONSIBILITY TO VERIFY LOCATIONS IN THE FIELD. UNDERGROUND FACILITIES PROTECTIVE ORGANIZATION (UFPO) NO. IS 1-800-962-7962.
THE PERMITTEE AGREES TO PERFORM ALL WORK IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE CURRENT EDITION OF THE NYS UNIFORM FIRE PREVENTION AND BUILDING CODE.
THE PERMITTEE AGREES TO COMPLETE REPAIR OF SAID CITY PROPERTY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE IN ACCORDANCE WITH SPECIFICATIONS ON FILE IN THE CITY ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT OR AS DIRECTED BY THE CITY ENGINEER.
THE PERMITTEE AGREES TO COMPLY WITH ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL RULES AND REGULATIONS RELATED TO THE WORK AUTHORIZED UNDER THIS PERMIT. OSHA REGULATIONS MUST BE FOLLOWED.
THE PERMITTEE AGREES THAT ALL OF THE CITY PROPERTY REPLACEMENT WORK SHALL BE INSPECTED AND APPROVED BY THE CITY ENGINEER OR HIS DULY AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE PRIOR TO THE PERMITTEE LEAVING THE JOB.
1. Permittee agrees to comply with Chapter 54, Article 2 of the Code of the City of Tonawanda (See reverse).
2. All streets shall be kept open for the passage of traffic and pedestrians during the construction period. The permittee shall have full responsibility for the safety of the job site and shall provide all safeguards to prevent personal injury or property damage.
3. All pavement areas, sidewalks and curbs shall be sawcut to ensure a clean matchline between existing and disturbed areas. NO TUNNELING UNDER SIDEWALK BLOCKS WILL BE PERMITTED.
4. All trenches in pavement areas shall be backfilled to the bottom of existing pavement with no.2 crusher run stone (NYSDOT Item 304.03, Type 2), thoroughly compacted with mechanical tamper in lifts not to exceed two (2) feet, and as inspected and approved by the City Engineer.
5. Concrete sidewalks shall have a minimum thickness of four (4) inches and six (6) inches in the driveway apron. Permittee shall replace only full sidewalk blocks (no partials). Concrete shall be air entrained concrete and have a minimum strength of 4000 pounds per square inch (PSI).
6. All work shall be approved by the City Engineer or a duly authorized representative
7. Permittee shall NOT contact the City of Tonawanda Department of Public Works when trench is ready to receive asphalt patch.
8. All disturbed lawn area shall be returned to pre-construction condition. PERMITTEE is responsible for restoration.
9. All work shall be completed within 30 days from the date of issuance of this permit unless an extension has been granted by the City Engineer.
This permit and related conditions are accepted by:
Applicant by: ______________________________________________
(APPLICANT OR AUTHORIZED AGENT)
Department of Engineering by: ______________________________________________________
(CITY ENGINEER OR DESIGNATED REPRESENTATIVE)
Date issued: ____________; Fee paid $_____________
Date inspected: ___________: Signature of Inspector: ______________________
Name of Inspector: ___________________________
ENG(9/05) Sent to DPW for Patch: ___/___/___, Job Completed ___/___/___